Recommend me some classical music
Jun 11, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I personally think that you might enjoy some of Franz Schuberts works; namely his 1st symphony, the lieder "The Elf-King", some pieces from the song-cycle "The pretty Miller Maid", and possibly "Death and the Maiden".

Otherwise, perhaps a look to Beethoven. He has some fairly heavy pieces. His fifth symphony always comes to mind (a little cliche, but its still a good piece).

There are some very interesting symphonic works from Bruckner as well. Perhaps a search would find some of his works.

That's all that comes to mind as somewhat emotional/fast paced classics. Perhaps others will chime in.

Nylan

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 3
You might try some Wagner overtures and preludes, such as Der fliegende Holländer, the 3rd act of Die Walküre, and Rienzi. Maybe one or the other of the Tennstedt orchestral excerpt sets. Siegfrieds Trauermusik from Götterdämmerung, which appears consistently in the movie Excalibur is another piece that might serve your purposes. The finale to that music-drama would, too, I think: the gods meet their demise as the world burns and the Rhine overflows its banks. It's cosmic.

While I recommend listening to the whole work, if you want fast-paced and emotion-laden classical, Wagner's overtures and preludes will fit the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back