Recommend me some cans to replace my MDR-V700 and Shure E3C
Oct 8, 2005 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GIGANTOID

100+ Head-Fier
So I either have too much bass or not enough with these 2 sets. The E3C are mated to my iPod which I dont mind much but the real problem is the MDRv700s. I've had them for nigh on to 4-5 years now without a problem. The pads are seriously cracked and after some very frustrating games and tossing them about in anger I've had to use heavy wire to make them still hold their shape.
smily_headphones1.gif
These are strictly used on my computer for music, games and occasional movie.

Primary music in order of listening preference is...

electronic, new jazz, IDM, classical jazz (heh), classical, soundtracks, some rock but not too much.

I have mild tinnitis from my youth from horrible ear infections that caused my ear drums to burst on numerous occasions, so much that I had 'tubes' put in my ears when I was still a child.

My favorite pair of earphones I ever owned were a pair of Panasonic earbuds from 1988 they were like $150 back then (and on a side note if anyone can point me to an internet source for past Panasonic headphone products so I can track down the models I'd appreciate it).

Oct 8, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Also you can assmume my price range would be $100-$200. You can also infer that when I listen to the music I'm not trying to judge the experience each time I'd just like an overall excellent balanced sound with accuracy, staging and presense.

Oct 9, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID
...and after some very frustrating games and tossing them about in anger...

Heh, I know that feeling...

Unreal Tournament online made me want to break things sometimes.

I'm probably not qualified to make much of a recommendation. But it seems like the good Sennheisers are known for staging and presence and a relaxed experience. Bump...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back