Recommend me some 6922 tubes for my preamp
Jun 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually the 6H23N or the 6H23N-EB are direct replacements for the 6922. See: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/thetu...e/RU-6H23P.pdf

The one that is not a direct replacement is the 6N1P. This because it draws more filament current than many stock power supplies can provide. Did I mention they run hot!
wink.gif

OK, thanks for the correction, I must have had them confused...

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #18 of 24
Well, this is for my nearfield rig which consists of DACMAGIC ---> DODD Audio ELP----> Twin Toshiba M15 amps biamping a pair of Mordaunt Short Carnival 2 speakers.

The stock (to me) tubes were the JAN Philips ECG. I was finding these a little hot on the top end.
I've since switched to a pair of Ei Elites 6DJ8E. These are a definite improvement with a fuller bottom end, a slight but noticeable reduction in treble heat and an increase in soundstage.

The other tubes in my inventory that I've yet to try are 6922EH.
The speakers are quite new as well so they still need to settle down somewhat.

I don't seem to be having much luck finding 6H23-EB tubes.

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 24
Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio has some of the best recommendations going, both NOS as well as current. My last 6922's (for my CDP) were Ediswan CV2942s. Of course you could just get some Tele's, but be prepared to lighten your wallet, a LOT!

6DJ8/6922/7308

Another source I've used is Vintage Tube Service. Andy was easily the most knowledgeable resource when it comes to NOS. He sells used and NOS. I've purchased some used tubes that tested like new and saved a bucket load of money.

Vintage Tube Services

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #22 of 24
Thanks for the recommendations guys.
I now have a little gaggle on the way.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #23 of 24
Quite amazed and amused about the telefunken tubes ...my experience (46 years f.w.i.i.worth) is that they have less hours then Amperex 6922 or Jan sylvania/philips tubes like the 7308. Example: After 2K hours they deteriorate fast and faster as....Test yourself. F.e. the Jan. sylvania or philips o.a. keeps one smiling.

Tele 's sound clean, clear and very detailled. (almost....transistor -like)
When driving through Germany wonder why some germans pay such a high price for Tele's.
Guess... the idea of having a Tele is more important then it's sound and life..... stay clear and clean in the wallet.....

Bogus Telefunkens with recently printed label likes of Ecc803S, E88cc, Ecc808S are reproduced the far east as well only if you own the real ones you notice the difference.The 6922 will come or is allready...

Some pay gold for the idea of having a Tele......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back