recommend me ipod accessories (for straight men)
Aug 19, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
that chewbacca thing is an abomination..

Did they make that custom for paris hilton, so she could like like a moron for a day? What... i can't believe they make that crap.

It's what we call "choice"
biggrin.gif

In fact the Chewbacca thingy is quite funny, a fashion thing though, nothing with function in mind. And well, on a string, Paris could well use it as a figleaf, it matches her style perfectly. Come on, she has to put on *something*
evil_smiley.gif
... please
rolleyes.gif

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
It's what we call "choice"
biggrin.gif

In fact the Chewbacca thingy is quite funny, a fashion thing though, nothing with function in mind. And well, on a string, Paris could well use it as a figleaf, it matches her style perfectly. Come on, she has to put on *something*
evil_smiley.gif
... please
rolleyes.gif

Man, that whole paris hilton side kick thing with snoop dog in the commercial...

I mean, let's face it, when we start buying consumer electronics that come with a comb, moose, and that i need to shave, something wrong happened. Agreed?

I mean damn, when is ipod jockey shorts and eye shadow going to hit the street? How about some ipod cowboy boots? let's not stop there... Ipod hair piece, ipod khaki's, lets make some ipods that giggle when you turn them on, that would just rock my misrable little world!

Ok here, to avoid looking sexist, here are ridiculous ideas for "man pods"

"White Trash Pod" I wan't an ipod decor which looks like a stained "wife beater" tank top, it's got to smell foul, and have a tooth pick holder...

How about a "GI POD" make of ultra tough teflon, wrapped in a shrapnel proof kevlar for slight accents, let's also add in some really tough lookiong diamond plate patterns, and also make the case say quadruple the size... To complete the look, i want it to hold a deck of provocative playing cards and have the shape of a bullet.

Ok how about bling pod, it's got a chrome rim cover for the spin wheel, it spins
all cool, like whooh... It's gonna have marijuana leave graphics on the back to insure you know how to have fun, and it's going to say your favorite gang or crew name on their ask a custom embossed logo. It's also going to have a diamond and saphire bezel jacob the jeweler will provide these, for an upgrade.. You can upgrade it until the entire thing is diamond encrusted.

Then how about dork pod, it comes with a theme like lord of the rings or star wars... It can also be customized to the weirdest role playing game thing or, like japense animation theme no one ever heard about, just to insure you are the only guy who knows what it looks like, it has to be special just for you.

Matco Tool Pouch Pod, on the back a set of mini screw drivers, and also tapes and measures... Customize it with a slide rule for engineering tool pod. Also, if you really want, you can get a screen cover that is hydraulicly manipulated and impresses people with it's ability to clasp down so authoratively... How about a dale earnhardt special edition.

oh yea last but not least... Wicker pod, an entire hand woven ipod case made of wicker. The truest outdoor lover can appreciate the quality workmanship and authenticity of actual wicker! Now, everyone in the whole neighborhood will recognize you as the idiot with wicker on his ipod. Congrats, now it matches your gazebo and bench... You can hold your head up in dignity finally!

See... Not only the girl things are stupid to me.

Aug 19, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
The Vaja knockoff is the iPodkitz.

In case anyone was wondering, the Pocket Dock won't fit the Vaja knockoff either.

Aug 19, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hier
In case anyone was wondering, the Pocket Dock won't fit the Vaja knockoff either.

That's really getting to you, eh?
wink.gif
Trust me, the SIK is a fine product, it only sucks if you already have that oversized thingy that won't stay put
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #51 of 55
Yes I've already got the PocketDock, and I can't say I've had any trouble with it staying put.

I could easily sell it on eBay, but I'm put off by the superfluous cable on the SIK, and I don't like the idea of cutting the firewire cable off.

I also think its a good idea to have the option of upgrading the cable I use out of the PocketDock.

Aug 19, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #52 of 55
should i get the fake vaja case?

does it fall apart?

I dont care about how flashy it is, but if it works and isnt a piece of junk
I mean still 30 bux isnt cheap, but i hope its up to the quality of 30 dolalrs

nm, they got a 60 gig photo version.,..
why i think i might get this one...

lets have some more comments on it? How come u guys didnt mention it earlier?

Aug 19, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #53 of 55
I can't comment on the build quality of the Vaja copy, but if you buy directly from iPodKitz they are currently offering free international shipping.

Aug 19, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #54 of 55
alright, i broke down and ordered the knockoff..

THe review i read said a few subtle differences, and i really dont care so much about the leather quality...

I guess if worse comes to worse i'll sell it to a lucky guy on here for 20 bucks, or let my dog chew on it.

How can u go wrong? I haven't really seen any cases i liked, but this might work lets see. They said 5 days, ill come back with my opinion.

im releived i spent way to much time looking for this stupid case.

itzkitz-ipodkitz3.jpg

itzkitz-ipodkitz4.jpg

Aug 19, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by headchange4u
They are expensive but Vaja case are really nice.

Agreed. When I owned a 3G/15gig iPod, I never worried about it being not protected enough. The smell of fine leather! I have a Vaja case for my HD1, same thing - expensive, greaty quality, fit and finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back