Recommend me headphones for under $100
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

8bitHopes

Head-Fier
Hello guys, I know countless topics like this have been created but everyone is looking for different things in a headphone .. Would be really glad if you recommend me some
Would need them to be foldable (I travel a lot and I don't imagine myself travelling with non-foldable headphones while carrying a laptop, chargers and clothes, don't think they'll survive long)
Even though the low price I'd be glad if they have a punchy bass that you feel. I listen mostly on my laptop and phone but I do play around with EQs so some that are better when slightly EQ'd is not a problem.A very clear sound would be also nice.
I listen to mostly pop, sometimes hip-hop and rarely dubstep. Not really into metal etc. (Although often rock as well)
So far I've been looking into the M30X but I heard after a year the part where it folds the cable breaks so I was really disappointed by that and started looking elsewhere but I have no idea which ones to go for. Thank you in advance for the recommendations :)

Quick edit : I often wear headphones for 4h+ so comfort wouldn't be bad at all :D

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 9
Maybe the Audio Technica ATH-M40X?

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 9
The price gets way too high for me, although I did consider it. Even the M30X is barely in my price range.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 9
Thinking of going Superlux HD668B or HD669 even though they're not foldable, seem like everyone is saying how superb their sound is given the price.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Get a used Beyerdynamic dt770. It is my main pair for years. The guys from the Rolling Stones use it to record in studio. It is a one of the most neutral headphones on the planet. Best value. Quality from germany. You can't go wrong.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9 of 9
The only folding headphones I know are Sony's, but I'd take Monoprice 8323 over a V6 any day. Comparable quality at a fraction of the price.
Strong disagree. The Monoprice ARE a lot cheaper, I'll give you that, but in terms of the quality of the materials and the build the Sony 7506/V6 are a definite level up. The Sony will clearly last much longer and be trouble free, they are built to take abuse and last a long time. The Monoprice sound pretty good for the price but they feel and sound plasticky and toy like. I gave mine away eventually, they just never impressed me as more than, "Man, for the price? Pretty good!"
In terms of sound quality, the Sony are definitely superior as well, it's not just the build/materials. The 8323 have that hollow cup sound that I find annoying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back