Recommend me guitar/violin/vocal music that sounds like Canta Per Me from Noir OST
Aug 14, 2004 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Textual Intercou

100+ Head-Fier
I've fallen in love with a song from an anime soundtrack (Canta Per Me, track 4 from Noir OST 1), and I'd like to find music that sounds similar to it. only problem is, I don't know how to find such a thing. It was composed and recorded specifically for this show, so I can't look for other pieces by the composer/artist, but I hope it's based off of other works that someone will recognize.

The music consists of female vocalists harmonizing in Italian. there's a very strong violin, as well as an acoustic guitar. Since I'm not going to be able to describe it all that well, here's a link to know what it sounds like:
http://mit.edu/sostler/www/music/cantaperme.mp3

I realize this is a pretty vague question and I'm basically saying, 'I love this so what else will I love', but I don't know what else to do. I'm considering going into music stores, plunking in my CD, and asking a sales rep to pick something out for me. of course, before I embarress myself in real life I figure I'll embarress myself over the internet first, so here I am.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 5
The track Romance is awesome too on the same Noir cd
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 5
This is a difficult question, assuming you want entire albums. Other stuff by Yuki Kajiura ("Fiction" as previously mentioned, other OSTs w/ her like Aquarian Age) would be likely places (I also need to investigate these). As I said in a previous thread, the Grandia II "Deus" soundtrack has a song called "A Deus" that really seems like a more delicate version of "Canta Per Me", and you should really check it out. Now, for a guess of something you might also like, I'm going to recommend the album "Enchantment" by Charlotte Church.

Aug 17, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 5
The soundtrack from "MADLAX" and "Xenosaga Ep. II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose", both also by Ms. Yuki Kajiura, is quite similar in nature to that of "NOIR", so you may want to give them a try. MADLAX's I fell in love immediately, while Xenosaga Ep. II's took a bit longer to grow on me - but both are absolutely worth your time.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit that I'm a huge fan of Ms. Kajiura, and ordered the MADLAX O.S.T., as well as the two singles, w/o even having heard any of the music. ^^)

EDIT: "to find your flower" from MADLAX, especially, you will probably enjoy. It even has the same vocalist (Yuriko Kaida) as "canta per me".

~KS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back