Recommend me good isolated phone pls.
Nov 25, 2008 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ricochet

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
I had Denon D1001 for about 3 months now which I use as my portable and I really like the sound signature and everything but bad isolation driving me crazy last couple of weeks. Most of the time when I use them I commute (London Underground) and at the beginning noise wasn’t issue, I just turn volume up. Now it’s just unbearable anymore.
So need recommendation on phones that have good isolation and sounded better or at least as good as D1000. My portable source is Cowon D2 + FLAC. Also I have Denon C700 and find them uncomfortable and they fatigue my ears quickly.

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for suggestion but I’m looking for headphone.

You're welcome. So the best isolation you will get for headphones in the sub $100 range will be from the HD280. However, it clamps tightly, too tight for some, and you may not prefer its sound to the D1001. Another good choice for isolation is the HD25-1 II, but it is supraural and sells from ~$183 to ~$200 shipped. You likely would prefer it to the D1001.

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 7
I'd recommend the HD25-1. They are great for portable use and isolate really really well. They are supra-aural which is a little turn off, but it keeps them a small size. The cable is upgradable and I really liked the sound when I had them.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back