Recommend me an upgrade, please?
Feb 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

the88thpianoman

New Head-Fier
I have done an extensive amount of reading on this site and others, and spent literally hours in the joker comparison thread. I feel like I have far more options now than when I started researching. I currently have the CX300 (first version), and I do enjoy the sound signature; I have other earphones with more bloated bass, but I don't mind that of the CX300. What I am looking for is something with more detailed mids and highs, something that I can push to higher volume without crackling or distortion (especially in the mids), and something with a symmetrical cable.

I'm probably a year or so away from being able to throw the money at the IE80, which from everything I've read is exactly what I'm looking for. In the meantime, I don't mind spending up to the $100 range to get something with good sound and high durability. I guess I'm looking for a midrange between the CX300 and IE80. I listen to classical, classic rock, jazz, all sorts of instrumental music, and the Vienna Horns, which is nearly entirely mids and highs, and this is where I notice the most weakness in the CX300. I would really appreciate any recommendations. I do baby my equipment, which is why my 4+ year old 300's still work perfectly, but durability is always a solid plus in my book. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 2
One other thing I forgot to mention, I really dislike to the in line volume controls/mics, or anything like that added onto the cable. I suppose I could tolerate it if necessary, but since there seem to be so many options, maybe this will help narrow it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back