Recommend Me an MP3 Player
May 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
I need a new MP3 player, but I don't want to use iPod.
I am basically after something that is easy to use, that I can just drag and drop my MP3s into the portable player without using any proprietary software or crap like that.
I use MP3 format exclusively, so I don't need fancy OGG or FLAC or movie playback feature.
I also don't plan to use portable amp, and will be plugging it directly into earphones.

What's important for me are:
- Easy drag and drop no software management
- Preferably something at least 5-10GB, but I don't need massive storage
- Great battery life is very important
- Not an Ipod

Size or looks doesn't really matter for me. I just need a simple MP3 player, easy to transfer and view files (user friendly), with great battery life, and also it won't ask me to download this and that or register anything.
What do you think is the best for me guys? Thanks in advance people.

May 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 22
Clip + is a good choice. Cheap. 8GB storage, plus the microSD card. Very easy and intuitive UI, plus the option to rockbox it. Tiny form factor, can clip to shirt or pants (obviously). Only downside for you is the battery life which is rated at ~15 hours.

May 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 22
I chose the Fuze over the Clip+, but it was a hard decision. I wanted a bigger screen, scroll wheel, and longer battery life so the Fuze was the one for me.

P.S. Congrats on the new job. More KFC and audio gear for you.

May 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 22
Sony.  Better SQ than Sana.  I don't agree with Sansa being quality.  

May 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 22
Thanks guys.
Eh so either Sony or Sansa Fuze then?
But they both allow me to drag and drop like an portable HHD and they don't need installation or sync BS crap like iPod right?

May 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 22
^Not sure about the sony, but sansas (and rockbox) allow it - they support MTP.

May 13, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #12 of 22
Okay - a clip+ is a lot better for portable use - there's a small enough screen that you can navigate around and though it's not the best SQ... it's perfect for your purposes. If you get a fuze, pretty much same thing as ipod except worse UI in my opinion. This is my first time recommending the clip+ only because you don't care about SQ etc etc. Sony doesn't support flac/ape in case you ever get any and the price tag is a lot steeper. If you really just want a portable player to just be portable then clip+ is the way to go.

May 13, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #15 of 22
Either one of the Sansa players if you can deal with their "short" battery life or have a look at some of the Cowon line.
Cowon's players have stupidly large batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back