Recommend me a reasonably priced pair of IEMs... please :)
Apr 2, 2009 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

anna_1104

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing this forum for the past couple of days trying to find a suitable pair of earphones that would suit my needs. I listen to rock, alternative, indie, folk and a bit of electronica. I currently have a pair of CX300s which I like but I feel like I have to turn them up a bit too high to hear the highs... if that makes sense. I'm not an audiophile but I like my music so I'm considering upgrading. I previously owned a pair of Sony EX51s, I think. They were nice as far as I remember but went and broke on me after 2 months.

I'm in Europe, hoping to order from Europe seeing as Ireland in the recession has got pretty strict on customs... I don't really want any nasty customs bills when the postie arrives... So any recommendations you can give me would be much appreciated. If it helps I'll be listening on an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and have up to about €75 to spend at the absolute max. I'd honestly prefer not to have to spend that much.

Thanks again,
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 11
Cruise the for sale forums and look for some Sure E4. They have a great high end and the low end is still tight and not bloated like the CX300. I traded my CX300 for the Creative ep630 and found them to be pretty much the same sound. I now keep them in my laptop case for watching dvd's (sound pretty good for that). I paid ~$100us for my e4 a few months ago so you should find a set for what you are looking to spend. I almost forgot...the Yuin PK3 I have sound almost as good as the E4 as long as you don't mind earbuds and can be had for ~$50. They don't last long when they come up for sale so you have to act quick...my only complaint is the set I have are the j cord and would rather have a y cord...other than that they sound quite impessive for what look like cheap standard earbuds.

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 11
I actually just ordered a pair of Sound Magic PL30s... they were only €20 and got a good review so I figured I'd give them a try while I save some more money for better IEMs :p

Thanks for your reply... much appreciated, I know these threads are annoying and probably repetitive so I do appreciated the reply!

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 11
Welcome to Head-Fi... you've just begun down a lonnngggg, never ending, sometimes frustrating, many times rewarding, and yes... costly, journey!

Sorry, and congrats, all at the same time. Ha ha.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 11
lots like the NE-7M, I'm one of them :) The question is how available they are in Ireland

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 11
I have the Sony MDR-EX300's and they sound really good considering the price. They have warm sounding mids with a decent amount of bass but lack the treble energy that I'm used to. I'm still burning them in though. The thing that I don't like about them is the J cord and lack of comply foam tips. £39.95 at the UK apple store.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 11
Another plug in for the NE7M

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Sony MDR-EX300's and they sound really good considering the price. They have warm sounding mids with a decent amount of bass but lack the treble energy that I'm used to. I'm still burning them in though. The thing that I don't like about them is the J cord and lack of comply foam tips. £39.95 at the UK apple store.

hmm never buy from the apple store, unless you want to pay more than it costs everywhere else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back