recommend me a player, but not yours...
Jun 6, 2005 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dragonmilenario

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I´m from Spain, and here like everywhere the people tends to recommend the one that have. -with a lot of subjectivity-

In this post only are one rule: *You can´t recommend the one you have... but you can say the reasons of your recommendations.

Is my turn: i have the iAudio M3l but... oops i cannot recommend that, this is the trick, then i recommend the Karma, couse is good looking, gapless and great sounding.

the turn is yours, the pleasure is mine
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 12
I've got the Sony NW-HD1, which I love, but I would recommend the Cowon Iaudio G3 2Gb, it seems to have a good sound, plays 50 hours on an AA, shockproof and compact solid state flash, and has enough memorycapacity to go a few days without having to refresh it's memory even when using reasonable higer kbs codecs.

Jun 6, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 12
I would have to say the X5. It has two, count-em...two, flaws (that matter to me). The first and most obtrusive is that it uses file tree browsing, and two, it has a side mounted headphone jack. Both can be fixed but require work and living with a 90 degree headphone jack adapter.

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 12
I also agree that the iAudio X5 is very desirable. I was going to get a 20GB iPod and dedicate my Mini to gym use only. Based on a lot of research recently in this forum and from various reviews, I've pretty much made up my mind to get an X5 instead.

The lack of iD3 support does not bother me too much. I have a strong computer background and I actually feel more comfortable with the file/directory structure. There are rumors that iD3 support will be added as a firmware update.

One thing that does bother me little - I commute via mass transit and walking to Manhattan, so I like to have a nice case. Not only one that protects, but looks nice and adds little bulk. Like a silicon one. Currently there is only one 3rd-party case available and it is a bulky leather one. I doubt there will be broad 3rd-party support.

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 12
the DoesntExistTech Super Ultra Mega Player 1337

has 1337GB of space, supports every format, supports 24bit audio and sampling rates up to 192KHz, has the world's best DSP options for those who want them, boots up in 1 second, "more cowbell" button, shows up as a HD, has digital in/out, line in, line out, excellent headphone out, AM/FM tuner, records to any format, gapless playback, 1337hour battery life, charges in 3 minutes, user replaceable battery, about the same size as a zen micro, can clone you the perfect sex slave, AND NEVER BURNS YOUR TOAST

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp

has 1337GB of space, supports every format, supports 24bit audio and sampling rates up to 192KHz, has the world's best DSP options for those who want them, boots up in 1 second, shows up as a HD, has digital in/out, line in, line out, excellent headphone out, AM/FM tuner, records to any format, 1337hour battery life, charges in 3 minutes, user replaceable battery, about the same size as a zen micro, can clone you the perfect sex slave, AND NEVER BURNS YOUR TOAST

But where's the cowbell? I NEED MORE COWBELL !

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

has 1337GB of space, supports every format, supports 24bit audio and sampling rates up to 192KHz, has the world's best DSP options for those who want them, boots up in 1 second, shows up as a HD, has digital in/out, line in, line out, excellent headphone out, AM/FM tuner, records to any format, 1337hour battery life, charges in 3 minutes, user replaceable battery, about the same size as a zen micro, can clone you the perfect sex slave, AND NEVER BURNS YOUR TOAST

And still no gapless?
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisp
And still no gapless?
biggrin.gif

there is now...

Jun 8, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 12
It's hard to recommend something you don't have or at least never had (and if you had it and got rid of it, you probably won't recommend it anyway
biggrin.gif
). I have the H320 and it is a very good player, but if I had to recommend it would probably be -- like few people already said -- the iAudio X5. I don't really mind it not supporting ID3 database, because I prefer to listen to music not to stare at the screen all the time and browse the database. The mini-dock is a little downside, because you need to carry it if you want to attatch a USB device or line-in. But the biggest flaw is the side headphone jack. With my Grado SR60 or Senn PX200 I can't imagine having the player in my pocket with these headphones connected (only if it was a wide jacket pocket and I could place the player in a "lying down" position
confused.gif
icon10.gif
).

Jun 8, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

has 1337GB of space, supports every format, supports 24bit audio and sampling rates up to 192KHz, has the world's best DSP options for those who want them, boots up in 1 second, "more cowbell" button, shows up as a HD, has digital in/out, line in, line out, excellent headphone out, AM/FM tuner, records to any format, gapless playback, 1337hour battery life, charges in 3 minutes, user replaceable battery, about the same size as a zen micro, can clone you the perfect sex slave, AND NEVER BURNS YOUR TOAST

I want a shortwave radio in it too.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 12
iAudio X5 or iRiver H320 for sure!

Jun 8, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 12
so far the iaudio x5 looks like the player i'd buy... if someone would add support for musepack or release a player with musepack support i'd seriously consider that player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back