Recommend me a open headphone like HD600 but not needing amp
Apr 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tight_budget

Head-Fier
I'm looking to replace my aging HD600s. I could purchase replacement drivers, but thought I might get a different pair of headphones that don't need amplification instead.

Budget - about the same price range as HD600, comfort is very important. I have the Audio-Technica ESW-9 which I love the sound but is not comfortable to wear for more than 30 mins. I'm looking to get the same kind of sound signature as either the HD600 or ESW-9. 

Any recommendations? 

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 4
  I'm looking to replace my aging HD600s. I could purchase replacement drivers, but thought I might get a different pair of headphones that don't need amplification instead.
Budget - about the same price range as HD600, comfort is very important. I have the Audio-Technica ESW-9 which I love the sound but is not comfortable to wear for more than 30 mins. I'm looking to get the same kind of sound signature as either the HD600 or ESW-9. 
Any recommendations? 

Not sure what would sound like the HD600 and not need an amplifier.

Why get new headphones that do not need a amplifier?.

How much would you be willing to spend for new Audio Technica headphones?

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Philips Fidelio X2.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2

I agree. I've owned both, and X2 is very similar to the HD600, except with universally better bass, a touch more forward presentation, and better top to bottom balance. A good upgrade IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back