recommend me a new set of in-ear headphones
Nov 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iamanoob

New Head-Fier
So I've had my etymotic mc5's for nearly a year now, and they're beginning to fall apart so I'm gonna need some new headphones. I'm looking for in-ears, but really dont know anything about this stuff so a little help would be great. I'd like an upgrade in sound from the mc5s, as I wasnt very impressed to be honest. I'm looking to find something no more than $100, preferably durable but sound and noise-cancellation is most important. Any suggestions? Thanks

Nov 5, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Maybe tell us what aspects of the MC5 you weren't impressed about and wish to be upgraded upon.

For example the Etymotic HF3 or ER4 would be upgrades to the MC5, but if you didn't like the sound signature and fit of the MC5 to begin with, you aren't gonna like the HF3 or ER4.

Nov 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 5
I actually really like the fit of the mc5 I just wasnt too thrilled with the sound. The rubber around the wires also split in a couple places and is exposing wires. I think this is mostly due to how I wrap them around my ipod though. But they definitely werent bad headphones, I think they were worth the $65 I paid, but I want something a little more impressive sound wise. Was also looking for something a little cheaper than the HF3s though, around the $80-100 range.

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 5
The Panasonic HJE900(crisp, clear highs, clean mids and deep punchy bass), HSA Crystal(deep punchy bass, clean mids, clear highs), FXC51( very clear mids n highs with punchy bass), Turbine(deep crisp bass, clear mids n highs), EX510( sound big n clear with deep punchy bass), SE215( overall clear in mids n highs with heavy punchy bass) and RE0( clear extended highs, highely detailed mids and deep bass, overall soundsignature is close to Etymotic IEMs but much more detailed than MC5) are highely recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back