Recommend me a music documentary!
Sep 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Accoun

Headphoneus Supremus
As in title. Lately I've been getting into documentaries about music and I'm looking for more and more titles. While I'm mostly interested in ones about Rock and Metal, I'm not really limiting myself to them. Any genre (or band if they're band-specific) will do, as well as ones about music in general.

So far I've seen:
-Metal: A Headbanger's Journey
-Before The Music Dies
-Punk :Attitude
-Punk's Not Dead
-American Hardcore
-Edge
-Until The Light Takes Us
-Nocturno Culto's The Misanthrope
-Some Kind Of Monster
-Get Thrashed

I'm have yet to watch:
-World Metal
-Hype!

So? Any other good ones?

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 9
[size=12.0pt]Not Metal but my favourite by far ******NSFW******[/size]

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 9
The photographer Robert Frank shot a documentary about the Rolling Stones during a 1972 tour. The film was never released due to concerns about the bands image. Bootlegs of the movie have existed, and now it is on youtube (movie title and content probably not work safe) in parts

Another documentary that I really like is about a musical instrument and it's history. "Theramin: an electronic odyssey" tells the story of the invention and history of a strange electronic instrument. This is one of those truth is stranger than fiction tales. 

If those aren't your speed. How about: a movie, "lets get lost" about a Pacific coast junkie heart-throb jazz trumpeter shot by noted photographer Bruce Webber featuring cameos from Flea from the Red Hot Chilie peppers. Strangely, I typed in the name "Flea" as "Fela" in that last sentence; so here is a documentary about Fela Kuti

*edit to fix a link to Lets get lost.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Calle 54

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Sequel to a headbangers journey. Watch global metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back