Recommend me a good pair of black canalphones
Jan 16, 2009 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

csice

New Head-Fier
I Just got an ipod classic for Christmas and was looking for some suggestions for headphones as I am contemplating buying some new ones. I do already have some Shure E2C's, but I don't like the way they fit in the ear, they twist around and don't want to stay in place. I want some black canals that simply go straight in the ear. My budget is somewhere around 50 dollars or so, but I would possibly consider up to 100. I really like the look of the headphones that come with the Zune for example, I also really like that the backs are magnetized, but I don't know exactly how good they are compared to what I already have.

Basically, can you give suggestions for good headphones as well as give me an idea how much of a downgrade it would be for both the Zune headphones and for whatever is suggested compared to my Shure E2C's?

Jan 16, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 11
Would you consider a $125 IEM?

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How high are you willing to go?
UE Super.fi 5 Pros are good for 250.

u mean $150?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the suggestions. I think $80 is about as high as I would go considering I have Shure e2c's. Can anyone make like a list in order from best to worst out of the ones you would recommend and tell me how they compare to the shures? Also, does anyone else know what I am talking about with the e2c's with them twisting around out of place? More recommendations are welcome.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 11
You cant say best to worst period.

For $80 and black, it is definitely between RE2's and SF3's. RE2's are a simple fit, like a small earbud with eartips on the end. The SF3 is a UE frankenstein bolt as usual, but fits more like a true IEM than a canalphone. Sound is debatable. Theres also the ER 6i which is black and clear, but it is so small it cant be seen from the outside anyway. That certainly wont be falling out of your ear.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 11
Ok, I just have a few more narrowed questions for all of you. I don't much care for the looks of the super.fi 3s or the re2s, I guess I'm just an aesthetic whore.

I noticed that the UE Super.fi 5 Pros go in and behind the ear like the e2c's, are they comfortable and easy to insert? Compared to the e2c's? I have always had problems both with inserting and getting my e2c's to stay in position.

So far, I think I may be leaning toward the Ety er6i's. Thank you so much for helping me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back