Recommend Me a DAP?
Feb 9, 2015 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Stillhart

CanJam@RMAF 2015 Karting Champion
Hi all,

I'll be travelling a bit next month and my old Sana Clip Zip is acting up.  I decided it's probably time to get a real DAP.  The Fiio X3k (or X3 II) has everything I want, on paper:  USB DAC, digital output, expandability, useability.  I don't care about DSD support or really even how it sounds (as long as it sounds "good enough").  I mean, obviously I don't want it to sound like crap, but SQ comes after the other things I listed.

Anyways, the X3k isn't going to be out in time and I'm looking for an alternative, hopefully in a similar price point (I'm fine with used).  Can anyone recommend me a DAP?

X5 and DX90 fit the bill, but they're $300+.  Is there anything cheaper that might work?

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 2
I only have knowledge of the X3 and DX50, with the DX50 being my purchase after some extensive research. I love it; haven't used the HP out but the LO is cleaner/better in every way than my MacBook Pro headphone out. 

What you should do is open the Fiio X3 thread, iBasso DX50 thread, and read through them and make notes on which one fits your liking. 

Make sure you factor in the UI between the two as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back