Recommend me a DAP to replace ak120
Oct 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

BigAund

100+ Head-Fier
So my aging ak120 seems to be heading to the junkyard in the sky, can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced replaced. I've tried the Sony zx100 and its just about ok, i also have a pioneer 30r, which is the perfect size, has good functionality, but doesn't sound as good as the old 120.

I want something pocketable, something i can stream tidal with etc...

So whats the word?

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 24
Onkyo DP-X1.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #7 of 24
Thanks. Good suggestions.

Does the Opus do streaming? Can I listen to Tidal through it - like I could using something like AK70?
Quote from the oficial site:

Supports streaming applications such as Spotify for easy and convenient enjoyment of various sound sources.
Depending on the application, some functions may be restricted.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 24
Yes I’m sure the Lotoo Paw gold sounds good but it doesn’t stream .

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #15 of 24
I was thinking of the DX200 - How's the software on it? portability? It seems a lot of player for the price - has there been any comparisons between it and other high end DAPs.?

It's a newer player, software looks and feels more modern. It was my first high end player, but I use an android phone, so it felt very intuitive. Response isnt as snappy as modern smartphones, but it is fast enough. Boot time is about 20 seconds, which is nice. Even with the case, it will fit snugly in my jean pocket. As far as comparisons, you can check the dx200 thread here on head-fi. It's hundreds of pages long, but you can use the "search in this thread" function to zoom in on other DAPs that it's been compared to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back