Recommend me a DAC
Mar 19, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #16 of 23
i was after something full sized i usually dont take stuff with me around and just use a pair of KSC75s when i travel so yeah i dont need it to be portable. how does the pico compare to other dacs in upper ranges?

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by zantetsuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was after something full sized i usually dont take stuff with me around and just use a pair of KSC75s when i travel so yeah i dont need it to be portable. how does the pico compare to other dacs in upper ranges?

FWIR quite well, The Monkey has commented that it shares much of the same characteristics as his ECD-1.

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #18 of 23
so the pico is much better than the dacmagic (which has balanced outputs too)?

but i definately look up to the ECD1 i hear thats a really magical dac. perhaps someday i shall afford that.

Mar 21, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Para - your Opus DAC price is not accurate.
More like $230 - 650 if you build it yourself.

true, I deleted it. I Took All dacs and prices from the "all DACs money can buy tread"

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 23
This may be several days late, but what I'm using is a budget option: an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, a MIDI recording interface for musicians that has a USB input and both balanced and unbalanced outputs. You can also use it to make podcasts. They run about $200, but I found an unused on eBay for half that.

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 23
The Devilsound DAC cable is very nice for a simple headphone listening solution between computer and amp, happens to be $399.

Here's a whole 'nother bunch of selections for added confusion:

http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?dgtlconv

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #23 of 23
DacMagic really is a great dac.  I heard noticeable differences over a uDac & a D10.  A Lavry DA11 only subtly improved details and soundstage over the DacMagic, for a mere 4x the price..  Personally I like oversampling dacs (2x will do), so that the reconstruction filter won't blur out the upper half frequencies when converting the signal back to analogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back