Recommend IEM's to get more bass from iPod shuffle?
Oct 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidshock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
read up on the westone um2...
might be what you are looking for...
unless you can wait for the um3's that have been delayed FOREVER!

Apparently they'll be released before xmas!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As an ultraportable music solution, I have just picked up a 2g iPod shuffle in the new, refreshed colours. I am liking the size and the light weight, but the bass seems to be less than I'd like with my d-JAYS.

With my 3G nano and d-JAYS, I use the R&B eq setting...it just sounds better to my ears than no eq at all, especially in the bass department, as when I listen at home through speakers and through HD555, I'm used to much more bass (I think the amp I use at home is bassy). And I like that sound. Obviously, the shuffle has no eq.

So I need some [economical] IEM's that I can use with the shuffle especially, to get more bass and a fuller sound than I get with the d-JAYS. I do like the Sennheiser sound (like from my HD555) and I was considering the CX300. Would this synergise well with the Shuffle and get me more bass than the d-JAYS?

Other models I am considering (due to local availability) are Sennheiser sport series and style series...I have no idea if any of these are standouts in terms of sound. Also, the entry level Klipsch IEM (Custom-1) is an option...please offer an opinion if anyone has heard that model. There is also Shure SE110 or SCL2.

So I'm pretty much picking out of these at the moment:

- Senn CX300
- Klipsch Custom-1
- Shure SE110
- Shure SCL2

Which one for more bass with the shuffle and a warmer, fuller sound?

I think the main reason think that Ipod eq is so bad is that they Itunes never showed us how to use it.

First the EQ in the Ipod 5th gen 80gb video is useless as it only has factory presets avail. And 2g Suffle has no external adjustments

First you must be sure that the EQ on your sound card is off or it will distort what you are hearing from Itunes when making your adjustments
You must first turn on the EQ tab in the Itunes library and set each individual song to the EQ frequencies you like and as each song is different you may need to make several different pre-sets for your tastes. I start flat and usualy end up just adjusting bass up and mids down a tiny bit to take away the mid rollover usualy found on flat.
The when next you download your song to your ipod the equalizer settings will go with it. and turn the built in EQ on the ipod OFF !!! This is especialy useful for Shuffles as they have no adjustable EQ on them.
I had to email Apple several times over a few week period to learn this secret and it is in the manual but hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back