Recommend headphone for iphone 7.
Jan 18, 2017 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DrNope

Head-Fier
Sorry for another what-to-buy but I'm not really that active in hifi anymore, and time is very limited with family and work these days to allow for hours of search and reading up to get a few candidates worth auditioning. Need help, with other words.

So, I just upgraded from an iphone6 to a 7. Didn't use headphones much with the phone in the past, but lately I have appreciated long walks with music, but all that cable.... a power-pack battery charging, and the extended cord of my grado SR80, well, I'd like to get rid of some of the wires. With a new iphone 7 wireless is sort of  a must and an excuse to get a new set of headphones.

My experience so far with headphones are:
1: Grado SR80, first pair. Worked fine but developed issues with listening fatigue. Got so bad I couldnt listen to music for more than half an hour or so. This got me very aware of issues with cans that have too much in the upper frequency range, above 1kHz I'd assume.

2: Sennheiser 650. Much better sound-wise, no listening fatigue. Got proper DAC and amp for them, Burson audio DA160 and HA160

3: Audeze LCD-2, rev2. Powered with the above. Can listen for hours and hours without any issue.

So for something wireless, what do I look for? Being outside, ANC might something to consider to avoid too high volume trying to overpower the background noise. Saving a bit on my hearing? And in that case, bose or senn, or are there better options? Read that Senns actually are a bit too forward with too much in the 1-5kHz region? Or are cans with no ANC so much better sound-wise? THe price of the bose qc35(?) are set as limit pricewise.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 2
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 wired headphones.
Get the iPhone adapter (Lightning to 3.5mm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back