Recommend first SACD, pref/Jazz
Mar 4, 2004 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jbroad572

500+ Head-Fier
Well my SACD player made it in today and it can play sacd's, can anyone recommend some real nice jazz cd's that will help me to see what all the hype is about? I play sax So sax is always great to hear
biggrin.gif
, I like r&b, alternative, blues, as well, but just want to try one out for now and see how I like it.

Mar 5, 2004 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 12
I'm a big fan of most of those mentioned already. I'd also suggest Time Out by Dave Brubeck.

Mar 5, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 12
Thanks for the recommendations. I was hoping to pick up Miles locally, but that's a no go. Any of the regular retail stores carry a wider variety of sacd (Best Buy, Circuit city, Borders, Barnes and Nobles)that you uys know of?

Mar 6, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 12
I've had a hard time buying SACDs at stores domestically, but some Tower Records have small collections. It is much easier dealing with an online retailer such as Acoustic Sounds.

Mar 6, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #12 of 12
I get most of my SACDs and DVDs from Best Buy. However, their selection is not the greatest. If I want something unusual, I generally need to order it online from Amazon.com (don't forget the link!!) or Tower Records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back