Recommend an earbud (standard iPod style)
Jun 2, 2008 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Scott549

100+ Head-Fier
OK, I'm pretty well set for standard headphones (Grado SR-60) and IEM's (Q-Jays). The missing piece is a set of earbuds, non-IEM style, for the times when I don't want to block all outside sounds. I've been reading about the Sony MDR-E888LP, the V-Moda Remix, the Audio-Technica ATH-CM4, and of course the Yuins, which might or might not sound just like JVC Gummys.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to hear from people who have had the opportunity to compare two or more of the above. Sorry if this is a repetitive post, but it's very helpful to hear from people who have done comparisons, because I don't have the opportunity to sample these before buying.

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 11
I don't know, but there's another recent thread where a guy says the Gummys and the PK2 are almost indistinguishable. I've got some Gummys on order, and I will report on them, but I have to believe most of the ones I listed would be better.

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, but there's another recent thread where a guy says the Gummys and the PK2 are almost indistinguishable. I've got some Gummys on order, and I will report on them, but I have to believe most of the ones I listed would be better.

PK2's

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 11
I suggest the AKG K14P/JBL Reference 210 if you like well extending highs and clarity. They are very bass shy though and I have trouble keeping them from slipping off my ears. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay any for mine
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just buy both and find out yourself?

I would recommend the ok series.. just wait a bit.

Any word on when the OK series will be available? I found the thread with the detailed review of the OK2 and it looks like a good one.

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any word on when the OK series will be available. I found the thread with the detailed review of the OK2 and it looks like a good one.

Soon most likely, they already have made the packaging for it.. so they're probably figuring out the price.

Jun 3, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soon most likely, they already have made the packaging for it.. so they're probably figuring out the price.

It's coming in 2 weeks, I'm thinking to order, but the price is a bit out of my expectation... (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/oh...uin-ok-330757/)

OK1 229USD
OK2 169USD
OK3 69USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back