Recommend a USB sound card pls :)
Jun 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 19
Substantial improvements occurred as i moved from onboard (Dell Latitude) sound to Creative 2ZS Notebook, and then to the Echo Indigo IO, which i love, both for its sonics and for the handy volume control. But my volume control became so staticky that i've had to return the Indigo for repair. So in the meantime, i've been looking at either a further upgrade or something to get by with.

So the further upgrade path would apparently be the E-MU 0404 USB, but it's way more than i need in the way of controls, and way more than i want in terms of bulk. But the SNR specs are spectacular, assuming they can be believed.

And the something to get by with would be the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Amigo (same as Micro but with volume control & other stuff), right? But i can't find any specs on any of the Audio Advantage products on the TB website at all.

Based on actual listening, can anyone offer any comparisons of the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage products to either the Indigo IO/DJ or the E-MU 0404 USB?

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #17 of 19
Having done more research on head-fi and elsewhere, my question now is this: Is there anyone who has listened to both the E-MU 0404 USB and the Echo Indigo IO (or DJ) and who would be willing to provide a comparison of the audio output of each?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #18 of 19
I haven't listened to the Echo Indigio, but I can say the 0404 is hands-down the best value for a USB Dac/Transport/Amp combo. Don't forget mic-in too.

I can say that it sounds significantly better than an AV-710.

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #19 of 19
Not that I've had any other comparison, but the E-MU 0404 USB is awesome. I just bought mine the other day. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back