Recommend a good neutral response IEM?
Nov 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

benny z

New Head-Fier
Hello...

New here, but not new to audio...

Currently I am searching for a pair of IEMs that have a neutral response, or a response very similar to my reference headphone set, the German Maestro 8.35D.

Recently I bought the RHA T20i after a recommendation from an audiophile friend. Unfortunately I found them to have more of a V-shaped response than I prefer and returned them. I was particularly not fond of the recessed midrange and the peaky upper midrange and unnatural sounding top end. I can tolerate a bit a bit heavy bottom end so long as the midrange and top end are excellent.

I'd really like to stick to as close of a sound signature to the 8.35D as possible.

Budget-wise I'd prefer to stick to the $250 range or under, but don't mind spending up to $600 if the performance is exponentially better.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Zimmerman

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 4
If you want neutral Havi B3 Pro 1 is just that and very inexpensive at <$60 most of the time. They do require a bit of power to sound their best.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you... I'm willing to give those a try. Based on reviews it seems they definitely need some power. Do you think they would be a good match with the Schiit Fulla?

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you... I'm willing to give those a try. Based on reviews it seems they definitely need some power. Do you think they would be a good match with the Schiit Fulla?
That would definitely have the power to run them. Haven't heard it before so can't say anything about the sound though but some of the Schiit I've heard tend to be a little bright so that is ok as these are neutral .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back