Recommend a budget speaker/headphone integrated amp for the speakers
Dec 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vinay

Head-Fier
So over the years i have bought few computer based 2.1 speakers. Now i am thinking of upgrading to simple 2.0 setup mainly for music. With number of limitations esp size and budget i have decided to go for either Q Acoustics 2020i/2010i or Cambridge audio Minx XL as speakers.  I have not seen much review on Minx XL, but hopping i will get to listen before buying it.. 
I had a NFB-11 once few years back but since i never had any good speakers or headphones i decided to sell it off.. 
And now i am looking for integrated amp for any of these speakers. Looking for something that will have few inputs like for desktop PC , laptop and phone and if possible network port. The footprint needs to small since it is for my bedroom which is small.. And my budget is 300$. This is had limit because after shipping and import taxes it will be more..    I have always looked at DAC and speakers ,never looked at amps..
Any suggestions please at-least to kickstart the research for the budget esp.. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 3
The Q acoustics will most likely be much better than the Minx XL's. A suitable all-in-one solution would be the NAD D3020.

Thanks ..

I did come across NAD.. first 7020 and then the 3020.. but i was put off because it literally cost double.. But i also do not see anything that is cheaper.. 

P.S. : Does anyone have idea on edifier's S1000DB ? are they any good when compared to 2020i? I know i am comparing a powered to passive speakers? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back