Recommend a amp for my Ipod 120gb
Feb 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zankes

100+ Head-Fier
What is the best portable amp for my ipod Classic 120gb? I have quite pick cover on my ipod to protect it, so the amp can be quite big, but at least it should fit in my pocket... Any recommendations? If you recommend a site where to buy it,please use Amazon.UK, I live in Finland and portable amps are hard to find in here...

Thanks, please recommend something... I was thinking about maybe Fiio11

I have currently Audio Technica M50, but I will buy Fischer FA 003...

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I have both the Fiio E11 and E5, to be honest you'll be better of with something like the E5 or E6 IMO. Due to the long battery time they provide, I also found the E5 can produce mild to stronger bass with it's bass boost function.(depending on headphone / IEM) You will get about 10 hours battery time from the E11 but 20+ hours out of an E5 / E6. then you have price to consider. Personally I would choose an E5 or E6 due to size, battery time and overall results it has given me. I do enjoy my E11 and it may well be suited to larger cans. But for the price of the E5 / E6 you cannot go wrong. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Been using my 120GB classic with an E6 for a few weeks now its definitely an improvement and can drive the M50. And it is pretty tiny so its not cumbersome to lug around like I think some of the "better" yet much bigger portable amps out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back