Recommandations for TH900 and Bitfrost
Apr 1, 2019 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nicoragua

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
I have been listen for quite some time with the following rig :
Schiit Bitfrost + Gustard upgraded V5 + TH900 MK 2

I'm getting a bit tired of the sound, I feel that it is not "full body" enough. I'm looking for a richer sound, and it seems to me that the Gustard is here in cause, for being to analytic.

Do you share my opinion? I was looking into the Feliks amps. I have a preference for european brands, being in Portugal it is more convenient to order in the EU zone. It is not easy for me to listen before buying…

Any recommandation would be highly appreciated. Budget is not really a problem, as long as it is relevant with the rest of the rig.

(I also own a HE560 but I haven't being using it much recently).

Thank in advance for you guiding lights!

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 6
Not sure from your post exactly what you are looking for. If it is an amp and you wish to stay in the EU, I would definitely look at Meier, like a Coda Jazz FF maybe. If you are open to a new headphone, I would look at a ZMF. It will likely have the bass you are accustomed but be much clearer across the rest of the spectrum.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Thank you! You are right, I'm not clear at all. It is an amp that I'm looking for. A clear upgrade from the Gustard.
I'd never heard about the Coda Jazz FF, it seems like a very interesting pick, thank you for the advice.

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 6
You might check out the Massdrop Liquid Carbon X . It has plenty of power and a nice bit of warmth and good detail and soundstage.

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi all! I have been listen for quite some time with the following rig : Schiit Bifrost + Gustard upgraded V5 + TH900 MK 2
I'm getting a bit tired of the sound, I feel that it is not "full body" enough. I'm looking for a richer sound, and it seems to me that the Gustard is here in cause, for being to analytic.
Do you share my opinion? I was looking into the Feliks amps. I have a preference for european brands, being in Portugal it is more convenient to order in the EU zone. It is not easy for me to listen before buying…
Any recommendation would be highly appreciated. Budget is not really a problem, as long as it is relevant with the rest of the rig.
(I also own a HE560 but I haven't being using it much recently). Thank in advance for you guiding lights!
Which model Gustard?
If your looking for a change of sound, your best chance is to get other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back