Recommandation for combo DAP/In Ear for 300$
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dixieland57

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a good combo that work good for 300$

Listen to all style of afro american music, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Rnb, Hip Hop, Gospel, Blues

Any recommandations?

Thank you

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 14
The combination I have right now: The HiFiMan RE-400 + Fiio X1 is very good in my opinion.

I'm sure there are better in-ears out there because the RE-400 is $79 and the budget (after the X1) would be $200. There are many comparisons of different IEMs on Head-fi, so you might want to look there.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 14
I honestly don't know because I have never heard those.
The RE-400 are fairly warm IEMs and I don't have a problem with the X1. The Fiio DAP is neutral after all. In an extreme case you could use the built in equalizer.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 14
ok from what I've seen Fiio X1 is a good alternative, not as big as a Fiio X3 or iBasso DX50 but have a good sound.

the thing is I don't know which iem to buy for having a good synergy with the X1

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 14
If you want slightly more detailed DAP, more equalizing possibilities, USB-DAC option and a more powerful amp, you might want to get the Fiio X3 II together with the RE-400.

However headphones, or in this case IEMs, will always be the weakest link, so I usually recommend getting better IEMs first.

I don't think you need to worry much about synergy. The most important factor is the headphones. Other gear will change the sound a bit, but not nearly as significantly as different headphones.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 14
Yes, it is. It takes a bit longer to get done obviously, but I must say I am happy with the service they have provided me with till now. The passive noise isolation is usually very good with these and there are many customization possibilities. I like the option to get removable cables in particular. While riding my bicycle there are repetitive movements, so with the X1 in my  pocket the cable will break eventually no matter how careful I am (2 years seems to be the max).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back