Recommand a mp3 player to pair with FiiO E17?
Nov 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 9
HM-601 has an excellent line out

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Yea, its analog by that point. If you want to use the DAC of the E17, you have to use a digital connection to it, Optical/Coax. Otherwise you're just amping. That being said, just amping is still a very nice improvement, especially if you listen to anything louder.

I own an E17 myself. I dock my zune and go optical to it at work. I've got to be really concentrating to tell the differences in their dacs. The difference amped however is very nice, especially higher volumes and on my non IEMs.

In all honesty, if you want to use an Ipod it wouldn't be a bad choice. A lot of people on here love them. If you wanted to use a 601 that would be solid. If you want to ensure you're using the DAC on the E17, its digital or nothing, which puts you on a hunt for an older iRiver or something if you aren't looking to break the bank.

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB ($40), can use Micro-SD memory card
Sony E series Walkman.

You can not hook up the E17''s DAC to portable Apple audio products (iPod & iPhone), only the E17 head amp.
Source product needs to have a USB, optical or coaxial output (not LOD) to connect to the E17's DAC feature.

Check the website Anythingbutipod.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 9
Sony E series Walkman.

You can not hook up the E17''s DAC to portable Apple audio products (iPod & iPhone), only the E17 head amp.
Source product needs to have a USB, optical or coaxial output (not LOD) to connect to the E17's DAC feature.

Hey thnks for ur input.
Do you think clip zip is better than Nokia n9 in terms of sq?

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Quote:
Sony E series Walkman.

Hey thnks for ur input.
Do you think clip zip is better than Nokia n9 in terms of sq?

Nokia N9 is not as great as SQ, you may want to check the much cheeper Nokia X1-01.And yes Clip zip/+ are much better then any Nokia and Rockboxed can play 20 diffent music format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back