recomendations for the HF5?
Oct 23, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 9
If you PM your address I'll send you an unused set of gliders. I don't care for them so there just going to waste sitting here. As for Comply I have no experience.

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 9
I use the gliders...they isolate better and are way more comfortable than the stock tips...YMMV though
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you PM your address I'll send you an unused set of gliders. I don't care for them so there just going to waste sitting here. As for Comply I have no experience.

Thanks, will do. Just got the HF5 and I'm trying different tips. The clarity is amazing but they do not provide the most comfortable tips.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 9
well, i did not find that true. i bought hf5 because i liked (but lost) my ER-4Ps with triflanges. I love those grey triples, the seal instantly and are quite comfortable to my ears, even for longer periods of time.
i can't stand the supplied black foam things, they are annoying as hell for me.
though, shure olives (i went with size M) are good as well, somehow nicer than the grey  glider tips. I received a pack today and they are more comfortable than the sturdier triflanges, but don't seal instantly and need a little bit more adjusting.
there is a mod described for etymotic standard triflanges with shure olives, which i use at the moment and its the best of both worlds for me. sealing comes faster and i feel like i lost my hearing until music kicks in.

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #9 of 9
For me everything it came with was not usable including gliders. I never tried olives. I was actually thinking of selling this headphone cause it was so uncomfortable with any of them. Until I tried the Comply foam. Isolation and comfort is superior to the stock ones. I still feel them in my ears, but they don't bother me much. They are much softer and more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back