Recomendation In-Ear type Earphone for MuVo NX
Oct 12, 2003 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

yeeyy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Recently I just purchased a MuVo NX and looking for a new earphone. Currently I'm using MDR-E888LP.

The reason of changing is very simple, the earphone has not enough bass.

I have take a listen to MDR-EX71SL, though the bass is improved, but I lost the details what I previously hear from MDR-888LP.

I have look around this forum for a while and seems most of the people are pleased with Etymotic ER-4P , but there are two things stop me from it:

1. The price - an asking price for US$330 is about S$600, which is way beyond my budget. I got my MDR-E888LP for only S$70 and MDR-EX71SL is selling for the same price (S$70) in Singapore.

2. The Seal - Seems there must be having a good seal before I can enjoy the great sound of it. And I have seen from this forum some users tends to go through a series of hassle to get the seal right, which makes me think twice. I don't mind to get the seal right with a few adjustment, but the hassle I saw here seems it is more than a few adjustment.

I have seen two earphones here in Singapore and wonder any user out there can give any advise.

1. Audio Technica ATH-CM5 , which is selling for S$80 in Singapore.

2. Bang & Olufsen Earphone , which is hundred something in Singapore dollar, according to my friend.

Thanks in advance.
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 9
I happen to own the CM5's. The bass is tight on these earphones, but would probably be just the same as the E888s. The specs are very similar and they use the same kind of drivers. If the e888s don't give sufficient bass, then the same will probably go for the CM5's.

Oct 12, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Nameless
I happen to own the CM5's. The bass is tight on these earphones, but would probably be just the same as the E888s. The specs are very similar and they use the same kind of drivers. If the e888s don't give sufficient bass, then the same will probably go for the CM5's.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually if I insert the earbud properly, the bass of MDR-E888LP is quite impressive. But the problem is the earbud get loose easily with my ears, thus letgo the bass.

If I use my hand press the earbud close to my ears, man, the bass is back. Once I let go my hands, so does the bass.
frown.gif

Did the ATH-CM5 suffer this problem?

dunelly:

Thanks for the recommendation. However, a couple of questions:

1. I'm in Singapore, will HeadRoom able to deliver the goods for oversea purchase?

2. I saw the impedance is rated 48ohms, will MuVo NX able to drive it?

Hmm.... US$129, that's still s lot of money to me....

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 9
yeah the CM5's imrove their base by alot when you press them into your ears, but it's really boomy bass. CM5's aren't really designed for base, more for clarity.

Another recommendation is the Shure E2. I was considering getting these before and I hear the bass is greater.

Oct 12, 2003 at 8:54 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Nameless
yeah the CM5's imrove their base by alot when you press them into your ears, but it's really boomy bass. CM5's aren't really designed for base, more for clarity.

Another recommendation is the Shure E2. I was considering getting these before and I hear the bass is greater.

Thanks for the feedback.

You mean you had listen to Shure E2c before?

Oct 13, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 9
looks like a er6 vs e2 contest here

both available in sg

pricing around S$200 [er6 should be more ex]

for exact pricing, can see price guide in sgheadphones.com

i'm also interested in the e2 solution for my music during MRT rides

heard that e2 won't have 2 year warranty & US$55 replacement option if bought locally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back