Recomendation: HE400, HE500 or HE560 for electronic music
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fuens

Head-Fier
Hello mates.
I got a Schiit Lyr 2 and I want make a good combo.
Which do you recommend for electronic music? HE400, HE500 or HE560
That I read HE400 is v shape, HE500 is neutral and HE560 have a good bass and basicly good in all frequences.
Is it right?
I'm not a basshead but I like feel a good bass.

Cheers

Toni

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 6
HE-560 for sure if money isn't a factor. Having heard both the HE-500 (which I didin't like at all) and the HE-560, I can say that the latter is a lot better. More comfortable, better bass, much better midrange, better stage... I remember playing few uplifting trance tracks while demoing HE-560 and bass was good, not overwhelming at all!

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 6
If going an audeze for edm, go lcdx if you can afford it and dont mind really heavy headphones. can get a seat belt wrap or modded leather strap on the f/s forums to help with the weight. prob one of the top choices for edm & a good all-rounder. can go lcd-2 or el-8 if wanting audeze but on a budget.

The he-400 are an amazing choice for edm specifically (imo) and a great value right now. a bit on the heavy side but no annoying bumpy headband like the lcd-series. their bass quality is very nice, bass very competitive to the lcdx. the lcdx is like an more neutral he400 with larger sound stage and more detail resolution.

i think the he560 wld prob be too neutral if just listening to edm. prob want a bass boost for that genre. the he500 wld work & has a lot of fans, but why not just get the new he400i if thinkin abt the he-500. the he400i has more bass quantity than the he560 so will be more suitable if edm only. nice mids on the he400i.

the oppo pm1 & pm2 have a warm tilt that wld that is quite nice for edm. the pm3 is more neutral but has a good amount of bass quantity and impact due to its closed design. highly recommend the pm3.

best inexpensive planar options for edm wld be the he400 or pm3. the pm3 works extremely well for all genres as well. out of the middle range $500-$999 choices, I personally wld go w the he400i. best expensive i think is the lcd-x. those three wld be top considerations for edm specific. all of these have extremely good overall sound quality and great bass. they are all pretty neutral with the he400 being the most colored out of those choices, but I enjoydd the coloration & the he400s bass is one of the best.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 6
As you didn't mention any budget, it's hard to give a concrete suggestion. If you like bass, orthodynamics are a good choice. I owned the HE-500 + Lyr combo for quite some time and I can tell it's a killer. You won't get anything near this sound in this price range. The HE-500 is not neutral but also not overly bass heavy. I liked the puch quite a lot and even preffered it over  my LCD2 on many songs. The soundstage of most orthodynamics is quite small, but I don't think that's a problem if you listen to electronical music.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #5 of 6
I appreciate your advices.
I finally shall begin in orthodynamics with HE 400 (looks exciting headphones)
I'll consider LCD-X for the future but I need to save money, now is out of my budget (900€)
Thanks so much.
Best regards

Toni

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 6
  I appreciate your advices.
I finally shall begin in orthodynamics with HE 400 (looks exciting headphones)
I'll consider LCD-X for the future but I need to save money, now is out of my budget (900€)
Thanks so much.
Best regards

Toni

glad it was helpful.

do note that the he-400 are colored headphones with an unique sound signature. may not be everyone's cup of tea. also, weight is on the heavier side. leather strap mods or seat belt mods can really help if that is a problem for you. I found the weight to be acceptable on the HE-400. The LCD-series were too heavy for me.

if you are interested in a portable orthodynamic, I am really enjoying the PM-3 right now. wrote a review about it in my sig if you are interested :)

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back