Recomendation for Cheap IEM
Feb 8, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 23
if you dont need max isolation, consider the MDR EX90. Modded they sound very good and balanced, just enough bass bloat to keep things interesting.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 23
I just bought some Shure e2cs and they are super awesome. Very "decent" which is what you're looking for. They're at the top of your budget, you can shop around I think TTVJ has them for 70.00. They are worth it, and come with a 2 year warantee!

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 23
Before this thread gets so flooded with the word "Marshmallow", that its repeated to the point of losing all meaning when you say it to yourself, allow me to speak for about 80 potential posters in this thread. GET THE JVC MARSHMALLOWS. 20 bucks. The last two things I said shall echo through this thread.

Feb 8, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before this thread gets so flooded with the word "Marshmallow", that its repeated to the point of losing all meaning when you say it to yourself, allow me to speak for about 80 potential posters in this thread. GET THE JVC MARSHMALLOWS. 20 bucks. The last two things I said shall echo through this thread.

Looks like you were about 40 minutes late!!
etysmile.gif

Steve

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by apbarboza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought some Shure e2cs and they are super awesome. Very "decent" which is what you're looking for. They're at the top of your budget, you can shop around I think TTVJ has them for 70.00. They are worth it, and come with a 2 year warantee!

The e2cs were my first "serious" purchase in headphones. For the same price there are others like Eytomic but I think they're a good starter for this habit. I still use mine and because of them I consider spending over $180 for my next IEM.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 23
Okay I like the recomendation but another question where would i be able to get a sort of a case for these Earphones? Something cheap

Also i was really interest on the sens cx300 how do they perform against the shures

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #15 of 23
IMHO the Shure E2 (overemphasized mids and midbass) and Creative EP-630 (one-tone bass) are far behind the Etymotic ER-6 (balanced and bass tight) in terms of SQ. The JVC Marshmallows are good for $20 but lack far too much detail to be really considered decent, bass is a little too strong even with E2 foams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back