Recomend me the Best Headphones and In Ear Monitors for under $200 total
Nov 8, 2007 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

deadagain6591

New Head-Fier
ive got a credit with musicians friend for $200 and want to buy 2 sets of headphones with it
1 set of cans and the other in ears(both are to be used for playing music)
the cans are for practices and studio work
the in ears are for live in ear monitoring

for the cans i want something with an open back or atleast somehting that has descent air flow so that i dont mind wearing them

I am going to play drum/bass/electronic/synth pop music
the in ear monitors are only going to be used for mono playback...i want something small so that it isnt easily seen
any suggestions as for the studio headphones the total of the studio and the in ears has to be $200 i was thinking the hd515 and the m-audio ie-10

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Nov 9, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In reality the best run for the money you will get by by getting these for all of the above purposes:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...rch?sku=246501

But they are slightly over your budget.

I absolutely agree.

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 4
i do what to have a seperate set of cans than in ears only because the wear on the in ears will probably have more ware on them

does that akg set of cans require a headphone amp?
any other recomendations on cans?

btw im the synth player in the band...(if that makes any difference)
the majority of the time i use the cans will be for monitoring in practices...i need something open for that because im going to plug every1s headphones into the output of our mixer (2 reasons...keeps volumes down and more accurate sound)...there are 3 members of the band...the guitarist/vocalist, me synth/guitar, and drummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back