Recomend me some low budget IEMs. Talking $20 or less.
Mar 21, 2010 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

internecine

New Head-Fier
Been doing a bit of research and as usual, i get lost in the sheer quantity of info on the net.

So, i come asking for advice. Need to buy some IEMs and have damn near zero budget for them. Ive been finding much love for the Sound magic line. PL12 18 and 30s seem to be quite popular. JVC marshmallows come up quite a bit, as do a brand called kanon and the Senn CX300.

Im no brand whore, i would easily go for a kanon whatever over a sennheiser if they are a better product. So whats up, let me know what you guys recommend.

Thanks

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 10
One vote against the Meelec M9s. I realize that these are cheap IEMs and are quite popular here, but my pair had a big dip in the mids and harsh highs. The only headphone/earphone purchase that I regret making. I was very disappointed.

The Marshmellows are not bad especially if you mod them.

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 10
+1 for MEElec M9's.

Just got my M9P (with microphone) and started listening to them last night. Excellent balance, nice combination of detail and warmth (no sense of the problems nv88 described). I find them slightly better with the stronger bass coming out of my iPod 120Gb Classic than my first IEM love, the NuForce NE-7M. The NuForce, OTOH, have a slightly more engaging presence out of the BlackBerry Curve.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 10
OK, just bought some JVC Marshmallows for $6.50 Shipped. Like stonyboy said, I will try these out and and see how i like them. If i cant stand them, or i get the Headfi bug and feel the need to upgrade I will be back with a better idea of what i want out of a set of IEMs.

Thanks guys.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 10
+1 on the MEElectronics M9 -- amazing sound and quality for $21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back