Recmmended headset for a Asus Xonar Essence STX
Aug 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

McRooster

New Head-Fier
Hows it going guys

A while a go I invested in a Asus Xonar Essenct STX and altough I definitely picked up a immediate improvement from my sound, I beleive I am not making the most out of the sound card as the only best headsets I have are a Astro A40 and ATH-AD700. I primarily play games (mainly League of Legends) and like to listen to music continously aswel (a lot of variety). I occasionaly play some FPS games so I would also like to find something that gives me a decent directional sound input too. I don't really have a budget, although I try to avoid going over $500 (leave your suggestions if they are over that price because I might find them cheaper).

Thanks for any feedback!

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 3
I have an STX and the ATH-AD700s and think this is a very good combo. I recently moved to Schitt setup with AKG 702s.

I've tried the 702s with the STX and they outperform the AD700s. However, the 702s sound much better with the Sciit gear while the AD700s sound nearly the same.

If I were you, I'd buy some ATH-AD900s or closed 1000 Gradiosos from buy.com. I love AT headphones.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
A while a go I invested in a Asus Xonar Essence STX and although I definitely picked up a immediate improvement from my sound, I believe I am not making the most out of the sound card as the only best headsets I have are a Astro A40 and ATH-AD700. I primarily play games (mainly League of Legends) and like to listen to music continously as well (a lot of variety). I occasionaly play some FPS games so I would also like to find something that gives me a decent directional sound input too. I don't really have a budget, although I try to avoid going over $500 (leave your suggestions if they are over that price because I might find them cheaper).

Audio Technica ATH-AD900X, $200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back