rechargeable Lithium 9 Volt Batteries
Jul 14, 2007 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

noseallinit

500+ Head-Fier
anyone seen a rechargeable Lithium 9 Volt Battery?

kinda curious about using a Lithium 9 Volt Battery with me MicroStack but I prefer using rechargeables.

has anyone used a Lithium 9 Volt Battery with their MicroAmp or other headphone amp? how many hours of play back did you get over a NiMH or Alkaline?

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 16
Here's one that's avaliable from Thomas Distributing. It's in a standard 9v Package, that outputs 9v with 500mAh. You'll need to buy a lithium charger for it though.

You should definitely see longer playback time with this over a NiMH or Akaline, since it has a higher capacity.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 16
the ipower us 9v 500mah li ion rechargeable will ABSOLUTELY NOT work with microstack
i learned the hard way!!
my microstack i used to own would not play with them and i sent back to headroom to find out that they were not compatable.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by decur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ipower us 9v 500mah li ion rechargeable will ABSOLUTELY NOT work with microstack
i learned the hard way!!
my microstack i used to own would not play with them and i sent back to headroom to find out that they were not compatable.

Do you still have the ipower batteries/recharger? If yes, send me a PM with a price. Thanks.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

i learned the hard way!!

Why on Earth would that be? Did they give you an explanation?

GAD

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

i learned the hard way!!

I sent HR an email earlier to find out.

was it just this Lithium rechargeable or all the Lithium 9 Volts?

did they tell you what all 9 Volts are and are not?

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

i learned the hard way!!

I have had no issues with the iPower lithium polymer 9 volt batteries with my Microdac other than getting them to fit. In fact, I get around 9 hours per charge so I am happy with them.

Happy Listening!

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 16
Ultralife lithium primaries also work fine in my Micro Amp & DAC. Much better runtime than alkalines and NiMH rechargeables. I've never tried the iPower L-Ion rechargeables--I thought I heard that they simply didn't fit in the case. The Micro Amp & DAC's battery compartment has a pretty snug fit to begin with, and I thought those were just a tad too big. Glad to hear that others are using them successfully--I might give them a try.

Barry

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by abs@nilenet.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had no issues with the iPower lithium polymer 9 volt batteries with my Microdac other than getting them to fit. In fact, I get around 9 hours per charge so I am happy with them.

Happy Listening!

what did you do to get them to fit?

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #11 of 16
Lithiums are dangerous. My buddy had a 2 cell recharable lithium battery pack to power his electronics, the pack blew up and melted his electronics.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what did you do to get them to fit?

I had to take a file to the far left and right side of the inside of the battery compartment. It is a tight fit but it works.

Happy Listening!

Jul 17, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #14 of 16
Hey Richard,

We really recommend the Maha rechargeable 9V
http://www.headphone.com/products/ac...-96v-230ma.php
The main reason we recommend these is because the voltage is very close
to an alkaline 9V. We strongly recommend you DON'T use the iPower
500mah rechargeable 9V with the Micro DAC. You can use them with the
Micro amp, but they will cause problems with the Micro DAC. If you have
any more questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Mike Olson