Recently Spoiled by LCD-3 in search of CIEM
Jan 31, 2017 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Finatic

New Head-Fier
I'm a long time music lover who listens to music 90% of my day. Since moving into a new home in October, I had to find a way to listen to my LP's without waking the family. Did a bunch of research and listened to every open back I could find. Finally decided to go with the LCD-3 and absolutely love them. As a matter of fact, they are so good that now everything else noticeably sounds like sh*!!, which really has me bummed (anytime I'm not listening on the cans). Currently I am running a Mojo with my iPhone 7 on the go and a Joutenheim with the DAC module at home. Both sound incredible and surprisingly I almost like the signature of the Mojo better. My musical taste is pretty limited: The White Stripes, Black Keys, Clapton, Hendrix, Trucks....guitar driven bluesy rock. I'll mix some Brubeck or Coltrane in, but in small quantity relatively. I am not well versed in all of the audiophile terminology but I am intoxicated by vinyl for its warmth and digital for its detail. Both sound great and I love switching back and forth. All of this brings me to the question. I really need to find a CIEM that will at least get me in the ballpark of the LCD-3. Now, I understand that that isn't probably realistic....but I have to find something that doesn't leave the rest of my listening so empty. I'm headed to the audiologist tomorrow for impressions and am hoping to stay in the $1000 range. I'm a fan of price to performance though too, so if there is an absolute bargain out there, of course I'd take advantage. I just requested to get into the Custom Art tour, and am hoping that the 8.2 fits the bill. Any advice would be hugely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 2
@mscott58 is the guy I think of when I imagine a knowledegable LCD-3 fan who also has customs.  Perhaps he can assist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back