recent Singlepower service
Aug 19, 2008 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

moredes

Head-Fier
deadhorse.gif

Moderators please delete if this is another dead horse.

I ordered a single 2c51 adapter from Singlepower on July 8, 2008. (I didn't visit Head-Fi for > a month and didn't see the cautionary threads beforehand.) My CC was charged on 7/10, and the transaction "posted" on 7/13. The total cost was $149; I thought the adapters were $99 each, but accounting for inflation and shipping.... okay. On August 6, I called Singlepower and Mikhail actually answered after four rings. This is the first time ever, in over 15+ calls that he's ever answered. I told him that my order had not arrived. I asked for a tracking number; he said he'd call back in 30 minutes after he had time to get to the other work site and look it up. He called me 110 minutes later, and said it went to the wrong address and he'd ship it again. (all that on Aug 6)

On TH Aug14 I called and left a message--the item had not arrived. He called me back after two hours and said he'd sent it by USPS Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation. We discussed the merits and "security" of our blessed mail system, and I implied just how weak the Priority and 'Delivery Confirmation' system was (btw, DC is all smoke and mirrors--it doesn't prove the addressee received it, and certainly doesn't insure a packet for any value--all it proves is that a clerk abandoned a package somewhere--and only the sender can inquire about the confirmation's "proof"--a barcode scan "proves" a package was left at what is presumably the correct address site.
rolleyes.gif
). Anyway, Mikhail said it should arrive by Saturday, and if it didn't I should "let him know".

Saturday's mail arrived. Now I suppose it could have been lost or stolen, since it's only US Mail, but in either case I was fed up. On Saturday at 1034cst, I called and left a message. I told the voicemail that the adapter had not arrived and that I would wait until noon TU for a UPS or FedEx tracking number or I would cancel the CC charge and post the entire episode on Head-Fi. That was 8/16.

Today is TU 8/19; FedEx has just 10 minutes ago and delivered a "Standard Overnight" package from Singlepower. I have received two 2c51 adapters and a "no name" 567(0[?]) tube. Mikhail did not call and tell me this was in transit.

I don't know if the second adapter is gratis or not; the mystery tube certainly is... I don't know what $149 buys in adapters nowadays.

I post only the facts (at least, in my mind) so that other readers can form their own opinions.

My observation--Mikhail's trying--maybe under "duress", or--with the benefit of the doubt-- maybe all his good intentions (and two attempted shipments) went to hell and he got jobbed for FedEx costs, too. One thing's for sure--there's no larceny at Singlepower. I dunno if that helps ya'll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back