Receiving emails for subs set with site-only notification
Nov 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 42
Still happening for me and it is getting rather annoying now!

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #18 of 42
Thanks Joe, much appreciated.

The strange this as has been previously reported is that this is completely random, I could get five notifications of a thread I am subscribed to and then non. At the moment it is only happening with the FAD thread I am subscribed to and I have checked and it says updates internally rather than by email. Hope that helps.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 42
Just sent you an email Joe..

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #22 of 42
Guys -- This has been ticketed, but any exact steps you can note to re-create this will be helpful to the tech team in investigating this issue.

I've also noted this a while back:

I think I stumbled upon the reason:

[click to enlarge]

It seems that the frequency is set to "immediate" that by its own when I quote somebody to reply, but not when I quick reply and preview.

EDIT: Tried to do this again with various other threads I subscribed to. Can't really do it consistently, but I did notice this happening 3 out of several times I tried.

It seems that might be the root of it IMO. It's mostly, from observation, in threads that I'm very active in.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 42
So, just to add to the info. I started getting notices again for the final audio design thread even though I set it to site only notification, it seems it has re set itself to immediate again, sure hope there is a fix in the works!

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #24 of 42
So, I re set my preferences again last night, this time to no email notifications at all but this morning yet another for the final audio thread was in my inbox! Is there a fix being sorted for this? To summarize what is happening for me at least.

My email preferences seem to automatically re-set and the notification on threads seems to re-set itself as well, no matter how many times I change it! Please do something about this!

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #26 of 42
Thanks Joe, really appreciate it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #27 of 42
I have a super important question for ianmedium: By chance, were you editing any of your posts in those threads you are active in and then saw the subscription change after wards? If you could let me know which specific posts you were editing or replying to, that would be really helpful.

If we can get this reproduced consistently, I can get this fixed as early as next week. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #28 of 42
You know, I think you. May have found the answer! I will link the latest thread I have been on and getting mail from, there are responses there and I know in previous pages I have edited posts and from recollection I have then had emails.

Other threads this has happened to I have not been on for a while and have received no further updates, only from threads I am active in responding to!

Here is a thread I am on at the moment and to which I have been receiving messages

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613641/final-audio-design-appreciation-discussion-thread/630

Thanks so much for looking in to this!

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #29 of 42
OMG... I've been working on this issue for weeks now without any progress. It's way hard to find a pattern when it seems to happen at random. Let me investigate, reproduce it consistently and update our internal report. It's been bugging me (literally) since it's been reported and this might be the isolating factor that gets this fixed!

Thanks so much for replying so quickly! I'll take a look at that link immediately. 
gs1000.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #30 of 42
Thank you for all your hard work, I must admit I would have no idea where to start.. Computers are still steam powered aren't they?? :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back