Receiver question. Hooking up headphone amp and TT preamp.
Feb 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tattare

100+ Head-Fier

[size=10pt]I’ve been looking at getting a Marantz NR1402 for a home theater system and I’m wondering how id hookup a Schiit Asgard to it.  I’d also like to hookup a turntable to the receiver later on down the road so how do I also hookup a preamp to the receiver?[/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]Here’s a picture of the back of the receiver I’ve been looking at getting.[/size]

[size=10pt]http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ZoomImage.aspx?img=/Assets/images/products/NR1402/XL_1402-rear.jpg[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks,[/size]

[size=10pt]Tattare[/size]

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 3
To plug the preamp to that receiver, just feed the coax to one of the coax inputs (red+white). No experience w/ turntables. Also I assume those pre-outs is where you would cable it to your asgard. Not sure y you'd do that tho, I would just hook up the asgard straight to the preamp w/o having the signal pass thru the receiver unless you're using it as the source. Good luck~

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, connect the pre-out on the receiver to the Asguard input.

For your turntable, you would need a seperate phono preamp since the receiver doesn't have a phono input.  THe signal from the phono cartridge is much lower than the normal line level inputs, plus you need RIAA equalization, which a phono preamp supplies.  Receivers all used to have phono preamps built in, but not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back