Receiver/amp cleaning (dust/pet hair)?
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Covering the receiver would just impede the air flow (cooling).

Can of compressed air every once in awhile should help, might want to have the receiver turned off and given a few minutes to cool off, before using compressed air.

Wrapping the pets in completely in Saran wrap should reduce the the problem with shedding.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 4
  Covering the receiver would just impede the air flow (cooling).

Can of compressed air every once in awhile should help, might want to have the receiver turned off and given a few minutes to cool off, before using compressed air.

Wrapping the pets in completely in Saran wrap should reduce the the problem with shedding.

I'm working on convincing the pet owners to wrap 'em up. But until then, there shouldn't be much harm if I spray it every once in awhile (per your instructions)?

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 4
  I'm working on convincing the pet owners to wrap 'em up. But until then, there shouldn't be much harm if I spray it every once in awhile (per your instructions)?

Basically your just going to remove the dust that builds up in the receiver.
I guess house hold dust is made up of dead skin, human or otherwise.
And I believe there are very tiny bugs that eat the dead skin.
So i guess using a can of compressed air on the insides of the receiver every once in awhile helps control pest problems.
People use compressed air on the inside of their computer case and it shares some of the same electronics as a receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back