Received Shure SE530's - considering a change, HELP!
Mar 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #31 of 38
I bought the q-Jays to be able to compare them to SE420s and SE530s. They look nice, are easy to insert (for me), and they are extremely small. I like the sound of SE530s much more, though, that's why I bought them. But I'm curious, aren't earbuds the way to go for exercising? I've heard a lot of good stuff about Yuin.

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 can be wore cable straight down.

ER4P and X10 prone to cable noise while Phonak quality control is questionable.

There have been a few reports of issues with the phonak but a lot more non-issues. Mine has 0 defects and was bought in January.

Phonak has been very good about replacements and paying return shipping the defective units.

The only way to wear the PFE is over the ear so that takes it out of consideration for the OP.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #33 of 38
Is there a big difference between the IE8's and the IE7's. The online retailers that currently have the IE8's in stock are charging 449.00, way more than the 319.00 headphone.com had them for.

I don't want to pay that price so I was considering the IE7's for 249.00.

Would this be too big a compromise or do they match up well with their older brother?

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #34 of 38
From various reviews the IE8s are better, but by a fairly slim margin. Some people prefer the IE7 over the IE8. They have slightly different sound signatures. I haven't heard the IE7s, but I don't think you can go wrong with them.
Though if they were in stock for $319 I would go with the IE8s. It's just an extra $70.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #36 of 38
I just purchased the IE8's for $379.99 and will get them Wednesday. I know it's a bit pricey compared to headphone.com but they didn't have them in stock and I was not willing to wait around as I am too impatient.

I am going to do a comparison with the SE530's and see if there is a big difference.

Thanks for all your help.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't buds fall off while running?

Not for me.. if I use them with no pads, they probably would. But with the full pads, they stay in pretty nicely, very comfortable.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #38 of 38
There is a big difference in these phones, but both are great, I know I have both. Just remember to give the IE8 a bit of time, don't listen to people suggesting that they over emphasize the highs and bass, you can only really make an honest opinion on a set of earphones or headphones if you've actually owned them and spent some serious time listening to them.

Hope you enjoy
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back