Received Shure SE530's - considering a change, HELP!
Mar 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well look at this guy protect his precious IEM. The Shure SE530's can be worn with wire hanging down or wire worn over the ear. It is preferred by Shure that the wire is worn over the ear to improve the noise isolation. Don't listen to Toughnut he is obviously a bit too protective of an IEM that to my ears sucks.

Yes, that is correct, the SE530s can be worn straight down.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #17 of 38
I have the IE8 and the 530's and I guess the shure's can be worn wire down, but they weren't really designed to be worn that way. I really can't get them to seal properly with the wire down especially if you are moving about a lot like at the gym, nowhere near as comfortable as wire up.

They're both great IEM's but I personally prefer the IE8, lot's of people have problems with the tips that come with them, it takes a bit of time to find one's that will work for you but when you do they are fantastic, excellent bass from an IEM. Then of course there's burn-in, which takes a long time. The 530's have great mids but are definatley a bit boring compared to the IE8's, none of my frends were impressed with my 530's and the price I paid for them but they all love the Sennheiser's. Also my 530 cable keeps cracking, apparently the newer cables don't have this problem though but it's a real pain in the arse for such an expensive product.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by theitchybeard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the IE8 and the 530's and I guess the shure's can be worn wire down, but they weren't really designed to be worn that way. I really can't get them to seal properly with the wire down especially if you are moving about a lot like at the gym, nowhere near as comfortable as wire up.

Just curious, do you wear your cables over the ear or down?

Thanks for the help.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 38
On the 530's I always wear the cable over the ear, I really couldn't wear them down, especially now that the cables have molded into a curved shape from being around my ears, if you wear them down it would straighten out the cable and that is when the older 530's cables start cracking to bits.

With the IE8's I can only really wear the cable running straight down, I can't seem to get a proper seal with them over the ear, but they are designed to be worn perfectly comfy both ways and the cable is quality.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Also my 530 cable keeps cracking, apparently the newer cables don't have this problem

Correct. But off topic.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct. But off topic.

True, apologies
redface.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

They're both great IEM's but I personally prefer the IE8, lot's of people have problems with the tips that come with them, it takes a bit of time to find one's that will work for you but when you do they are fantastic, excellent bass from an IEM. Then of course there's burn-in, which takes a long time. The 530's have great mids but are definatley a bit boring compared to the IE8's, none of my frends were impressed with my 530's and the price I paid for them but they all love the Sennheiser's.

x2 Couldn't be summed up any better

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 38
I actually disagree on the 530's being able to be worn downwards. The fit would be WAY too unsecure for it to work due to the way it is shaped. As a matter of fact, they don't even suggest wearing it downwards at all in the 530 instruction manual, though they do in other Shures.

I suggest wearing the 530's over the ears but getting a clip for the cords so that it reduces the stress on top of your ears.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #24 of 38
True, with my 310's the shure manual recommended wearing them up or down, but with the 530's nothing was mentioned about wearing them cable down, they are just really not designed for it. Of course it can be done if the user feels comfortable with it, but it's not for everyone.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #26 of 38
Just remember that the 530's sound great straight away, the IE8's definately need a lot of burn in to reach their full potential. They'll start sounding good after around 20 hours, but they really need at least a couple of hundred to start sounding excellent, then at around the 300-400 hour mark they'll be at their best. Mine are about their now and I'm loving them, especially with a bit of drum and bass.

Also tips are so important, if you struggle to get a good fit with any of the stock tips, which a few people are, you may need to try something different. There's loads of info on the Sennheiser IE8 appreciation thread. Average Joe's recommendation of comply foam under single flange silicone is working best for me by far, really clears up isolation and seal issues. Lots of people are really happy with the included tips though.

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #29 of 38
ultimate ears triple fi's would work! you can wear them so they don't go over the ear. the problem is that you probably wouldn't appreciate their sound in the gym
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by goceltics34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if it's appropriate to ask I will anyways.

Does anyone the cheapest "reputable" place to purchase the IE8's? Thanks.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back