Received my DT880, is there any missing content in the package?
Nov 14, 2005 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

diablo9

500+ Head-Fier
Received my DT880 this morning. got excited and open the package. Haven't listened it yet, workmanship seems OK.
I noticed that there is only the headphone and extension cable and warranty card in the alu. box. There is no manual whatsoever. Of course there is outter paper wrapping around the alu box. but is this normal or there is anything missing? As the flagship of Beyer, they are not even including a manual like Senns did on HD600/650?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 17
Nope, no manual is included.

I think people that buy such an expensive headphone should know how to use it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 17
Well, I figure the manufakturer
smily_headphones1.gif
thought: hell, just to say put it on your head and plug it in, we need no manual at all. BTW, here you have the smiley:
880smile.png

880smile.png

880smile.png

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 17
you know, sometime I feel Japanese manufacturers are more considerate, at least on their flagship models or less than flagship models. SA3000 includes manual, even a big pouch for the phone.
blink.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 17
It's part of the minimalistic beyer design. Same as the simple lines seen in the alu-box, and their simple logo )))).

.. no I don't really have any idea as to why. So here you go:

Put headphone on head with pads around ears. R=right ear L=left ear. Plug headphone into source/amplifier (preferably a quality headphone amplifier). Listen to music. Do not listen to loud you could damage your hearing
basshead.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andresin
It's part of the minimalistic beyer design. Same as the simple lines seen in the alu-box, and their simple logo )))).

.. no I don't really have any idea as to why. So here you go:

Put headphone on head with pads around ears. R=right ear L=left ear. Plug headphone into source/amplifier (preferably a quality headphone amplifier). Listen to music. Do not listen to loud you could damage your hearing
basshead.gif

thank you for the detailed instruction about how to use the headphone.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo9
thank you for the detailed instruction about how to use the headphone.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oh yes, don't forget about the step about putting in some music. Otherwise, it will not work that well
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat
I have seen photos in here, displaying the tragic result of what happens when there is no manual with your headphones!
I just could not find the photos now, anybody else find them please link them here as a warning!

I have found an example of these tragic results, but small children and those with weak hearts are advised not to look at the graphic image here.

BoseTriPortbroken.jpg

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

I'm sorry I had to post that here. As you can see, given Bose's undoubtably high standards of quality, you can only imagine the problems that may occur from using the Beyers without a manual. If your headphones don't have a manual, you should immediately put them away and call your local authorities.

Nov 14, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo9
Received my DT880 this morning. got excited and open the package. Haven't listened it yet, workmanship seems OK.
I noticed that there is only the headphone and extension cable and warranty card in the alu. box. There is no manual whatsoever. Of course there is outter paper wrapping around the alu box. but is this normal or there is anything missing? As the flagship of Beyer, they are not even including a manual like Senns did on HD600/650?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Well, mine DID come with a manual.

Here is what it said: "Do not buy anything else for at least one month until your wallet is completely healed."
evil_smiley.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back