Reccomendations
Jun 6, 2008 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JJRsuper.fi

New Head-Fier
So, I lost my SF5 pros. They were in one place for a while, then i went to go get them and they are gone.

Now time to get something different. I have read some threads on here regarding ER4P's, SE310's, ETC. But I just cannot make a decision on what to get to replace them. I REALLY liked my SF5pros, and should probably just buy them again.

I have owned SE210's, and ER6I's, I HATED the SE210's, loved the etymotics, mainly cause they were free, but thought they lacked bass, and they distorted a little at high volumes, the SF5 pros did not.

My question is, should I just get another pair of SF5 pros? OR is their something else I should be looking at? I want to spend +-$150. Should I consider Klipsch Custom2's? Shure SE310s? Etymotic ER4p's? I just don't know what to do.
I got my SF5 pros for 149 with free shipping from amazon, and I am super mad that they got stolen/moved/lost in my house as I got such a good deal on them. They are friggin 190 now from amazon.

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 2
I just upgraded my SF5 pros to q-jays (which were 179 but are now 229 (or 209 at soundearphones w/ head-fi coupon). I'm very happy with my decision, just to throw one out there. More bass than etys, slightly warmer than sf5 but with a lot of detail. Most important advantage over the SF5 in my opinion though is the size/comfort, which is worlds better than the SF5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back