Reccomendations for dance/indie/pop music?
May 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gregvet

Head-Fier
My current system consists of Beresford Caiman DAC (lossless files fed from iMac) and Denon D2000. I am awaiting the Matrix M-Stage amp which should open up my world to most phones, as is supposed to be pretty powerful and able to drive most phones effectively.

My music taste is primarily various flavours of 'pop', Gorillaz, Tori Amos, Laura Marling and Empire of the Sun being some of my current favourites. I also listen to a lot of dance stuff, ranging from Goose and Orbital to Aphex Twin and Autechre.

I love my Denons, but really want to get a complimentary pair, maybe with better PRAT, and I was primarily considering harder to drive cans simply because I have not been able to experiment with these as not have been able to drive them properly till now!

Phones that I am considering are (in no particular order!) K701/2s, DT880 600Ohm, Senn 600/650. I have also wondered about the Sony SA5000 although less keenly.

What would you advise as a good companion to the Denons, for the setup and music that I listen to. Open/closed does not matter, but full size is important.

Cheers for your opinions guys, always appreciated!

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 3
For the music you listen to I've heard good things about the DT880's and SA5000's. FWIR the K701's lack the bass for the genres you listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back