Reccomend me some headphones
May 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pb21cyclist

Head-Fier
A newbie and a first post asking for help, sorry!

Anyway I am in the market for some new cans. I have had a pair of Grado SR60s for a few years now. I love them and use them every day. You may hate me for saying this but I mainly use them with my Ipod, although they do get a lot of use with my hi-fi too.

I don't really know what to go for though. I like the sound of the Grados I have, although it does lack a little bass, do the 125s or the 225s have increased response at this level? Do I need the 225s considering the majority of the time I will use them with my Ipod.

What about the Sennheisers or any one else?

My budget is ideally around 150 pounds, although I could spend more i.e on the 225s.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

May 29, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 3
nothing wrong with using the sr60s with an ipod!

if you love the sound already, there is a cheaper solution in doing the tape mod for grados. i assume you are using the stock (comfies?) earpads?
try to buy some bowl earpads and tape electrical tape around the padding. it increases the bass response!

TTVJ should have the bowls
your local store should have the tape =D

May 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nothing wrong with using the sr60s with an ipod!

if you love the sound already, there is a cheaper solution in doing the tape mod for grados. i assume you are using the stock (comfies?) earpads?
try to buy some bowl earpads and tape electrical tape around the padding. it increases the bass response!

TTVJ should have the bowls
your local store should have the tape =D

That sounds like a good idea, certainly thrifty!

Yeah I still have the same pads that came with them and they are a little rough around the edges now. i assume you wrap the tape around the outside of the pads, does this affect comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back