reccomand me a "fun" headphone
Nov 14, 2015 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

christian1122

New Head-Fier
Right now i have the AKG K545 and i really love this headphone. best purchase i ever made. but this headphone is really nutral and can sometimes be fatiguing. i listen to all kinds of music. rap, classical, metal, dubstep etc. so it has to sound good with everything. i also like something with a little more bass then my AKG K545. i listen to low quality youtube music as well as flac music. i dont really have a amp. well i do have the Xonar U3 but i wouldn’t call that a real AMP and i dont know if that could drive 600 Ohm headphones. it doesn't have to be portable becouse it is just for in my house. i like a "spacious" sound so open back is a plus. my budget is 300 dollar. 350 max

i was thinking about the momentum 2 but it is pretty expensive and im not sure if it is worth that much. it is also closed back.

any good recommendations?

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Superlux HD330 for $50, then just enable the widest Dolby Headphone spatializer on the U3. I use that for gaming and casual listening, no need to blow more money than what the K545 cost you. Just order some DT770 earpads (can be third party pads) because the opening on the stock Superlux pads can be too small to fit your earlobes. I got the Brotrade brand from Amazon and they're also a bit thicker; you really just need to work them (and stretch them) around the mounting lip on the HD330.

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 5

Superlux HD330 for $50, then just enable the widest Dolby Headphone spatializer on the U3. I use that for gaming and casual listening, no need to blow more money than what the K545 cost you. Just order some DT770 earpads (can be third party pads) because the opening on the stock Superlux pads can be too small to fit your earlobes. I got the Brotrade brand from Amazon and they're also a bit thicker; you really just need to work them (and stretch them) around the mounting lip on the HD330.

cant find a shop that sells the DT770 spare parts in my country. would be nice to have the velour pads for them

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cant find a shop that sells the DT770 spare parts in my country. would be nice to have the velour pads for them

Can't see where you live but they're on Amazon (you can enable that so people can take it into account next time they recommend anything - look at how the top right of my posts displays where I am, which I manually change if I'm somewhere else). In any case don't get the genuine stuff, they're more than half the price of the Superlux.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DT770+earpads
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Compatible-Beyerdynamic-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00HBSNUO2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447595404&sr=8-4&keywords=DT770+earpads (I use this one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back