Reccemend me a good player?
Aug 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #16 of 26
Yeah if you don't mind having a hard drive as opposed to flash (at least ya get more mem!) i'd say zune is the way to go. I got mine about 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. I have had 2 sony nw-hd5's, an iriverh10, and have done a bit of listening to a rio karma. Of those 3, the hd5's were definitely the best sounding.

When i compare the zune to the hd5, wow it is impressive. It definitely competes in SQ, the hd5 is a little warmer, but i personally find the mids and highs of the zune to sound nicer than that of the hd5.

So basically, zune rocks your socks off. lol

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #17 of 26
Well i was thinking it would be at least better then the dollar store pocket radio witch was annoying since you would need to scan to what channel you want every time you turned it on. Then i was using my radio on my Nokia 6275i witch was crap to. But i both methods only seem to get only 2 stations i liked to work well. But i lived with it. But after hearing it only plays mono sound i don't know what to say. If even a dollar store radio play stereo that’s pretty sad.
And it is but i can't store files on it so meh.

And yes it is available in Canada now.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 26
If zune's available i'd say that. It's radio is magnificent. Even shows you (forgot the name for the data type) the song names and artists or radio stations info etc. Plus just look at that sexy screen haha.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If zune's available i'd say that. It's radio is magnificent. Even shows you (forgot the name for the data type) the song names and artists or radio stations info etc. Plus just look at that sexy screen haha.

RDS - Radio Data Service! Great radio and stellar SQ. Be forewarned: If your an EQ nut like me it's a no-go. No EQ on the 80 OR the flash Zunes - the 30 has presets (YUK!).
Also, for a small capacity player w/a great radio (not as good for the info as the Zune though) is the Sony S61X series. Great SQ across the board and the EQ is FANTASTIC!
happy_face1.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 26
the s61x doesn't have a line out by any chance does it?

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #22 of 26
Y is it so hard these days to find the perfect product lol. This is making things so much a pain. Anyways before i give up on it maybe if someone else has the player have the same mono problem? Also can you guys recommend me another player that everyone can agree on?
I read somewhere that if you put the player region to Korean and not usa it may help. wonder if this fixes it. anyone out there to test?

Aug 4, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the s61x doesn't have a line out by any chance does it?

No - HP out ONLY.

Aug 4, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaX5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Y is it so hard these days to find the perfect product lol. This is making things so much a pain. Anyways before i give up on it maybe if someone else has the player have the same mono problem? Also can you guys recommend me another player that everyone can agree on?
I read somewhere that if you put the player region to Korean and not usa it may help. wonder if this fixes it. anyone out there to test?

Makes no difference what region it's still the same. That was only a placebo effect. I tried it and my D2's radio didn't work any better.

Aug 25, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #26 of 26
I ended up getting the D2. It's nice. Also nice that no one really knows what it is and think its some cheep mp3 player. Ignorance people thinking iPods are the only way to go. Man i think 16 gigs was overkill for me but who knows how much my collection may grow in the future. I guess there are videos to
wink.gif
. The radio seems to work. Not the best but its good enof. I noticed it's worse if u put ur amp to close maybe that’s what people are experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back